What Quanterix is going to build?
- ARC: Standalone software application to provide researchers with a tool that automatically summarizes study data from a series of reports into a single, collated documented
- Offers users improved efficiency over manual reporting where users manually collate experiments results into a single report by copying & pasting results into Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Moving from a manual to an automated collation process improves data integrity by reducing risk of human error in transposing data from individual run reports into consolidated summary
- Tool features can be expanded to capture additional data elements to support GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) and data integrity standards
– GLP: reagent lot/expiry reporting, user records, run QC and validity (curve, control and precision flagging), qualitative result assignment
– Data integrity: validated compiler, audit logs, electronic signatures
The challenge for the data engineer?
- Each of the platforms puts the data in its own database
- It will be some sort of normalizing the data to allow and we’ll be able to pull from each of those databases into the Reporting tool
- Reporting tool must be able generate the same set of reports regardless of which database the data was pulled from
- And that can be done independent from the existing software
What is required?
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Practical experience in building the data collection, validation and normalization
- Practical experience building ETL/ELT data pipelines from scratch or using existing frameworks like StreamSets DataCollector (SDC), Fivetran, Apache NiFi
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL Server or other relational database management systems (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Practical experience of using Data Warehouse(s) with Snowflake or other DW-oriented databases (Google BigQuery, Redshift, etc.)
- Practical experience with one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Intermediate English
What will be a plus?
- JAWS basics
- DevOps practice basics
- Practical experience in using BI tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Pentaho, GoodData
What will you do?
- Build data pipelines (ETL flows) to connect different sources of data together
- Designing data structures for analytics
- Identification of performance bottlenecks
- Serve as a go-to Data Engineering consultant for other team members
- Optimize SQL queries
- Communication with Engineering & Product management
- Alignment with existing development teams
What We offer?
- A friendly and a very skilled team with great corporate culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself)
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- Flexible work schedule
- Zero bureaucracy
- US democratic management style
- Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth
- Cool events and team activities
- Professional workshops and training, a great engineering culture
What about project
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential tochange the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.