AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior Node.js Engineer to join our clients team full time. It is a well-funded and market-proven start-up that works directly with the business to build solutions that solve real problems shipping quality web products on a timely basis.
We want developers who can thrive in an environment where you’re in the driver’s seat to create something amazing. As a Node.js engineer, you will develop powerful, stable and intuitive web apps along with our fast-paced, collaborative development team working effectively to solve challenging problems.
Read more about AgileEngine here 🙂
What Is Required?
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of professional Node.js experience
- Knowledge and experience using Vue.js and/or any other framework
- Strong understanding of HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of Web-Browser Technologies & Performance
- Experience with highly scalable architectures
- TDD and continuous integration experience
- Experience with Git/Github
- Development work with Elastic search, MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB (or other NoSQL technologies)
- Experience with mobile – native, web or hybrid a big plus
We need you if:
- You’ve got a ton of experience and are willing to continue to grow and learn on the job
- You’re a closer – not a manager or a coordinator – but someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well (done means consistency in production)
- You are a “go-to” person because you’re reliable, creative, resourceful, a good decision maker, and generally one of the most capable people amongst your peers
- You’re articulate, persuasive, and a good listener
- Your friends and former employers would gush about you and your awesomeness
Will be a plus
- Saas experience
- Thorough understanding of best practices for building modern web applications
- Can lead and take ownership of new projects and see them through.
- Knowledge of software architecture design and best practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Evolve our back-end infrastructure to enable our web and mobile developers to create compelling new experiences for users
- Write a professional, performant, high-quality code that will support a rapidly scaling business
- Maintain and instill high standards for code quality, application performance, and stability;
- Work with our other engineering teams to deliver new products and ensure success for our customers;
- Collaborate with the Product team to understand our users and their needs
- Ask the right questions and think deeply about building solutions that support both our short-term and long-term goals
About the project
We are a rapidly growing team of smart and passionate engineers. We like people are self starters and feel comfortable
helping to drive the direction of the products they work on.
We are agile…
Agile development methodologies mean different things to different people. We don’t believe in following a process for
process’ sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value – day by day, week by week, we make the
We value our people…
We spend time regularly working on whatever we’re interested in. We invest in our people and culture by creating
opportunities that combine our interests with what the company needs. We have lunch-and-learns, team outings, and
encourage personal learning projects. Exposing engineers to new technologies and boosting career growth through
ownership and business transparency is what we offer to you.