Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of Estée Lauder Companies, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team full-time, to contribute within a high-energy environment to an online platform that serves over 300 sites globally, work alongside other highly experienced and talented folks to craft elegant and scalable solutions that meet and exceed the business’ wants and desires.
What is required?
- You have 5+ years of PHP development and 2+ years with Drupal, preferably Drupal 7
- You have 2+ years of experience leading a development team, mentoring other engineers & working with the business to define & drive solutions
- You have expertise with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github) and provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- You have solution design experience, with demonstrable success in large scale projects
- You have a technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- You have a computer science degree or equivalent experience
- You are passionate about writing clean, modern, maintainable, & highly-performant code
- You have the pro-active ability and a self-starter attitude to troubleshoot and solve problems
- You have a positive, collaborative, and solution-oriented approach
- You have experience working in an Agile team and using Jira
- You have strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal effectiveness, in one-on-one interactions and presenting to a room
- You have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
What will you do?
- Leadership role on a team of PHP developers working on module development for the back end Drupal PHP application that powers our branded e-commerce websites
- Build Drupal modules that expand content management capabilities, integrate Drupal with new technologies, e-commerce APIs, and third-party tools, expand our content APIs, & optimize for performance
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions & partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Liaise with front end teams to ensure their success as they work in the theming and templating layers
- Troubleshoot & problem-solve when urgent technical solutions are needed, and provide root cause analysis
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the platform, and leverage broad industry knowledge and an outward looking perspective to inform process / tooling changes and import relevant insights and best practices into the business
- Coach, code review & mentor the engineers on the team Enforce technical best practices and clearing down technical debt. Increase the overall stability of code by writing defensively with thorough unit testing
- Guard the needs of the engineers such that they have the right tools and processes in place, and are given work in a manner which allows them to succeed. If this is not met, articulate the requirements back to leadership and prevent bad practice from creeping into workflows
- Improve code integration & deployment tooling, automated testing, & continuous integration capabilities. Monitor code produced by the team and ensure that CI environments are maintained in a green state
- Ensure that technical documentation is kept up to date, comprehensive and accessible, and that there is active contribution and understanding of this documentation across the team
- Access to best-in-class engineering leadership with exciting opportunities to grow
- A feather in your cap with your code (yes, YOURS!) living on one of the many sites for a Fortune 500 company (ranked #258 in 2018)
- Working with a global community of innovative, exciting team members at the helm of the company’s digital transformation
- Leave your digital footprint on our custom, proprietary platform. Our motto is “Lead from every chair” – and we really live it!
- And, of course, some beauty products will come your way
About the project
Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know The Estée Lauder Companies’ full family of brands? We’re also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble and Too Faced… just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan’s Flatiron District, we connect with our customers anytime, anywhere, from any device. We’re committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty. ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of 80% female leadership. It’s also home to bold technologists, marketers and ecomm renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.
#137 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity 2019
#90 Forbes World’s Best Employers 2018
#122 Forbes Top Regarded Companies 2018
#137 Forbes Best Employers for New Grads 2018
#22 Forbes Best Employers for Women 2018
#97 Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies 2018