Estee Lauder Company (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of ELC, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior PHP Engineer to join our team full time, to work in an online platform that serves 500+ web and mobile sites globally. To work closely with all teams within the organization (Product, QA, Backend, Frontend, and DevOps)
What will you do?
- Leadership role on a team of PHP developers working on module development for the back end
- Drupal PHP application that powers our branded e-commerce websites
- Build Drupal modules that expand content management capabilities, integrate Drupal with new technologies, e-commerce APIs, and third-party tools, expand our content APIs, and optimize for performance
- Work closely with product owners to define scalable technical solutions and partner with global engineers to contribute what you build into our global technology products
- Liaise with front end teams to ensure their success as they work in the theming and templating layers
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve when urgent technical solutions are needed, and provide root cause analysis
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the platform, and leverage broad industry knowledge and an outward-looking perspective to inform process/tooling changes and import relevant insights and best practices into the business
- Coach, code review and mentor the engineers on the team
- Enforce technical best practices and clearing down technical debt. Increase the overall stability of code by writing defensively with thorough unit testing.
- Guard the needs of the engineers such that they have the right tools and processes in place, and are given work in a manner which allows them to succeed. If this is not met, articulate the requirements back to leadership and prevent bad practice from creeping into workflows.
- Improve code integration and deployment tooling, automated testing, and continuous integration capabilities. Monitor code produced by the team and ensure that CI environments are maintained in a green state.
- Ensure that technical documentation is kept up to date, comprehensive and accessible, and that there is active contribution and understanding of this documentation across the team.
What is required?
- 5+ years of PHP development and 2+ years with Drupal, preferably Drupal 7
- 2+ years of experience leading a development team, mentoring other engineers and working with the business to define and drive solutions
- Expertise with versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket, Github) and provisioning tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- Solution design experience, with demonstrable success in large scale projects
- Technical background with expertise in engineering principles and design patterns
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Upper-intermediate English and excellent communication skills
What will be a plus?
- Experience with Akamai and with Drupal’s caching layers
- Experience with Mustache or other templating frameworks
- Experience with projects at enterprise scale and with global teams
- E-commerce experience
- Enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies like TDD and Pair Programming
- Exposure to common development tools (Gulp, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc)
- Experience with Behat/Gerkin or other test automation frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS tools (EC2, S3, etc)
What’s about project?
ELC is the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skincare, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries and territories. Infused throughout the organization is a passion for creativity and innovation — a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected — as they continue the bold work of their founder.
ELC’s vision is to lead the prestigious beauty industry in tech innovation. There’s a massive play for beauty in artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality, and other emerging technologies. They are focused on creating the best-personalized experiences for consumers, giving them seamless, aspirational experiences whether on mobile, in-store or online.