On behalf of MediaMath, AgileEngine is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build and deploy services that support a significant part of the real time bidding platform for supplying inventory and media for bidding. The role will let you dive into a deep hybrid knowledge of both streaming and batch data including building scalable, performant pipelines (AWS cloud) using best practices in the SDLC.
Read more about AgileEngine here 🙂
What Is Required?
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, a related degree, or strong comparable experience
- 7-15 years of professional software development experience, having built enterprise software solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient
- Direct background in a similar senior-level Engineering leadership position
- Very knowledgeable of object-oriented and/or functional software design, best practice design patterns, DevOps, TDD
- Experienced in one of the programming languages – C/C++, Golang, Java, Scala
- Experienced in interacting with SQL based databases like MySQL, Postgres
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, DynamoDB, ScyllaDB)
- Proven experience in distributed system building (SaaS/PaaS solutions)
Nice to have:
- Platforms: Kafka, CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.JS
- Scripting: Bash, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Cloudformation
- Cloud: Operating in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- AdTech or Financial Experience (Real Time Bidding Platforms, High Frequency Trading)
What Will You Do?
- Achieve a strong understanding of the business rationale and client need being addressed in the project; collaborate with Product Managers to build the right product that clients need
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing technical knowledge base articles, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, test plans, and well-written code following enterprise/industry standards
- Improve operations by conducting service coverage analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Contribute to the software design process by understanding, analyzing and troubleshooting requirements for own work
- Mentor and onboard junior software engineers in code quality, CI/CD practices and DevOps best practices with a clear understanding ofsecurity and data governance principles
- Mastery of professional software engineering practices for full development life cycle; intimate knowledge of best practices in application design, development, testing and operations including CI/CD, DevOps principles
- Actively contribute to team development discussions by describing, discussing and explaining technical issues and possible solutions clearly to other engineers
- Make an impact by contributing to, and beginning to guide, several local and cross-team initiatives
- Assist in Product Management, providing an essential bridge between the Product and Engineering departments
- Develop best practices standards via guilds organized around languages, framework, design patterns, deployment, tools
MediaMath’s mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use their enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in “programmatic” advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City. Their digital advertising platform leverages massive amounts of data using AI and machine learning principles, enabling the quickest and most intelligent online ad space bidding in real time, 24/7. They leverage both public cloud and eight managed data centers around the world to maximize the return on every marketing dollar spent by our customers.