On Behalf of Indeed, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our team full time.
As a Technical Project Manager, you are responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects that span across various disciplines serving Indeed’s Engineering department. As the owner of the team’s software development process you drive the day-to-day processes optimizing primarily for development of high quality software, delivered efficiently. You are the go-to person in organizing the day-to-day functioning of the team
What is required?
- 3+ years of experience working in software development team environments in a leadership role, including project management, ScrumMaster, or similar
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools (e.g Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, experience in verbal and written communication for technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to promote standard PM tools, procedures and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- Proficient in using MS Office, MS Project, Vision
What will be a plus?
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Development experience and engineering background
- People management experience – mentoring technical team members
- PMI (CAPM, PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or other certifications
What will you do?
- Manage and facilitate day-to-day engineering activities such as standups/scrums, and sprint-to-sprint activities such as planning meetings, retrospectives, and backlog grooming
- Own the management of iterations, feature requirements, tasks, defects, change requests
- Monitor the progress of the team sprints and critical milestones and provide metrics reporting
- Seek out gray areas which need attention, eliminate issues impacting progress, consistently follow up with the product team for requirements clarifications, and drive work to completion
- Identify and track areas of risk, develop mitigation plans, and coordinate key project decisions
- Ensure process compliance and bring groups together to ensure teams remain focused
- Manage changes to the scope and schedule of the development of new product capabilities
- Maintain an attitude of commitment and exhibit responsibility for the needs of the team members
- Continually refine and optimize work streams and processes for the development organization
What’s about project?
Indeed is the #1 job site in the world1 with over 250 million unique visitors every month. Since 2004, Indeed has given job seekers free access to millions of jobs from thousands of company websites and job boards. As the leading pay-for-performance recruitment advertising network, Indeed drives millions of targeted applicants to jobs in every field and is the most cost-effective source of candidates for thousands of companies.