As Scrum Master, you will be a servant leader who enables teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. You will support and enforce the scrum process and other rules that the team has agreed to.
You will spend your time helping other team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate, and will assist the team in meeting their delivery goals and remove impediments. You will also help the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicate status to management as needed.
You will work in a SAFe environment using scrum principles to understand and execute the resolution of new features and backlog items by working closely with the Product Owner and the project team, making sure deliverables reflect requirements and on-time delivery with high production quality. You’ll work with experienced and talented people all over the world. Many of the people you collaborate with will be in a different time zone from you, and you are someone who is excited by the prospect of learning new cultures as well as sharing your own.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- CSM, SSM, or PSM certification required
- SASM, CSP, SPS, or other advanced certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent professional experience
- Prior experience in software development as an analyst, tester, developer, or project manager
- Highly collaborative with good conflict resolution skills
- Excellent team player
- Superb written and verbal communication skills – comfortable speaking to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong command of Scrum framework and Agile values and principles
- Experience with end to end software development and delivery process
- CMS experience
- Knowledge of modern Agile development techniques such as DevOps, test-driven development, and test automation
- Deep understanding of SDLC, Project Management, and Software Delivery
- Strong work ethic to help the team meet commitments
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal direction and monitor and eliminate team conflicts
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and a proven ability to work and lead in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated strength in working with JIRA
- Remove and manage team impediments to enable the team to deliver value
- Ensure the development team adheres to Lean/Agile values, practices, tools, and rules
- Assist Product Owner with planning, change management, and product backlog maintenance
- Work with the development team to estimate and refine all work adhering to Agile Best Practices
- Establish cadence and facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Be a voice of reason and authority, while enabling the development team to self-organize and innovate
- Monitor development team execution against the iteration plan
- Work with teams to coordinate cross-team dependencies and risks
- Enable development team to execute iteration planning, iteration demonstrations, and retrospectives leading the teams towards productive outputs and actions
- Ensure development team is leveraging standard tools
- Participate actively in product planning sessions, risk management processes, and change management/communication
- Track team burn-down throughout Sprint execution and works with the team to maximize efficiency
- Partner with shared service Scrum Masters such as Development Operations, etc.
- Manage full lifecycle application development or infrastructure projects – establishing project scope, providing status, managing risks/issues, developing and helping development team execute against Sprint and Program Increment goals
- Ensure transparency to teams via system demos and executive status reporting
- Ensure that all representatives have an environment conducive to openly and honestly share information for team success
- Be a trusted advisor and mentor to clients and development team members on Agile Methodologies and solution delivery
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and regularly with clients, partners, and vendors
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends and bring them to the team where appropriate
About the Project
Estée Lauder Company (ELC) is a global leader in prestige beauty delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. ELC makes the difference by innovating through superior quality products and delivering signature High-Touch services in a high-tech world.
On Behalf of ELC, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Scrum Master to drive a scrum team focused on the core Front End technology underlying an online platform that serves 300+ sites globally.